POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subway station (WIP) (49kb) : Subway station (WIP) (49kb) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Subway station (WIP) (49kb)
From: Alan Nickerson
Date: 6 Aug 2000 07:09:43
Message: <398d4777@news.povray.org>
After the Torch lessons, I thought I'd try somthing different.
This is my first serious scene. Or my first scene that I've spent any real
time working on.

It still needs better lighting and textures. Its modeled after a subway
station here in Boston. To be specific is
the Red Line platform at South Station. It is entirely from memory, every
days I take this route to work, and I would examine a different aspect of
the platform while waiting.

Some of the issues I need a little help on is the sharp line from the lights
on the ceiling, these are supposed to be from 8 foot fluorescent tube
lights. the light pattern on the bottom of the platform on the right shows,
the light is not evenly distributed from these lights.

Specs:
POV Version: MegaPOV 0.5
Render Time: 5:01:14
Peek Memory: 10604749
Frame Objects: 2324

Using Radiosity.
Hardware: Celeron 400Mhz, 128MB RAM, Windows 98

All hand coded, rails were made with spatch.

Comments welcome

Alan

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: